Friday 22 May 2015

Feeling blue? Put on your trench coat...

I love these blue suits from 1965, and in particular, the pale blue trench coat.  I don't have much use for coats here in North Queensland, but I think a pale blue cotton trench would see some use....

Blue Double Breasted Trench Coat



vintage Blue Double Breasted Coat


Obviously others share my love of the pale blue trench coat - seen here on the streets of Paris in fashion week, March 2015.

Blue Double Breasted Trench Coat
pale blue trench coat

And here on Lydia Bright, all though in a finer, coat dress version, in Britain in the same month.

Blue Double Breasted Trench Coat
Lydia Bright in blue trench coat-dress
Last May Blake Lively wore a blue suede trench when she attended the celebration for the new Gucci Chime For Change Campaign in New York City.
Blue Double Breasted Trench Coat
Blake Lively ,May 2014
If you are medium sized, you could grab this vintage 1970s coat on ebay for under $90..

Periwinkle Blue Vintage Double Breasted Trench Coat
vintage 1970s coat
Or this Halston Periwinkle Blue Vintage Double Breasted Trench Coat on Etsy for around $100.

Periwinkle Blue Vintage Double Breasted Trench Coat
Halston Periwinkle Blue Vintage Double Breasted Trench Coat
For something slightly different, how about this 60s/70s vintage Polka Dot Trench Coat, also on Esty for only $40.


Vintage blue Polka Dot Trench Coat
Vintage Polka Dot Trench Coat 

I love this 1960s Blue Suede Trench Coat, on Etsy for around $124.
1960s Blue Suede Trench Coat
1960s Blue Suede Trench Coat 
Of course if you have the money to 'invest' a Burbery Trench coat is timeless - around $2,000.

Blue Double Breasted trench Coat
Burberry cotton Sateen Trench coat

There don't seem to many new pale blue trench coats for sale this season, at least in my price range, so I will just have to wait for a vintage one in my size to pop up.....

Do you have a trench coat?

Deb  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.